31 Jan 2012


Vintage Timeless Portrait

Hello, Well this is my very first blog and post ever! So you'll have to be patient with me as I learn to navigate my way around the blogging process and build my Home Page and other pages. I couldn't wait to get something on here to show and tell though. A full list of  Stampin' Up! products I used will be at the bottom of this post.


I love this set of Papers - 'Timeless Portrait'. For the Cameo girl I simply used my Decorative Label Punch and punched her straight from the paper. In the large circle I have used 2 stamps that have retired however you can replace the sewing stand with the one from the Established Elegance Stamp Set ( I do have this set now, however I didn't when I made this card), and the Flourish from the same set as the sentiment on this card - Style Beautiful.

I stamped the flourish first, then punched it out with the circle punch, and then stamped the sewing stand over that. I punched the same size circle out of Island Indigo, cut it in half and layered it underneath the top and bottom of my stamped circle to give it a frame. Next I stamped the sentiment and punched it out with the extra large oval punch.

I love the flowers on this card! Aren't they so cute! For the small ones, on the oval, I used my Itty Bitty Punches, and for the one on the circle I used my Boho Blossoms Punch. To finish them off, I placed a small pearl in the centre on each.

I placed some Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon over the centre of the main card piece and then adhered that to the Crumb Cake base card. Then I started the layering of the feature pieces. Firstly I adhered the large circle flat onto the card, then using Stampin' Dimensionals, I layered my cameo girl. I wanted the sentiment to sit a little bit higher than the girl soI used 2 Stampin' Dimensionals on top of each other and mounted it that way. That way I was able to have the 3 tiers.

Stampin' Up! Products I used:

Rubber Stamps:
Style Beautiful Stamp Set (for Sentiment and Flourish)
Established Elegance (to replace sewing stand)

Card Stock and Papers:
Crumb Cake
Naturals Ivory
Island Indigo
Cherry Cobbler
Timeless Portrait

Ink Pads:
Island Indigo
Crumb Cake

Tools:
Decorative Label Punch
Itty Bitty Punch Pack
Boho Blossoms Punch
Extra Large Oval Punch
2 1/2 inch Circle Punch

Accessories:
Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon
Basic Jewels - Pearls

Adhesives:
Sticky Strip
Stampin' Dimensionals
2 Way Glue Stick (to adhere flowers)


I hope you have enjoyed my first blog post. Thank you for visiting and I hope you'll come back soon.






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Angeliki! I love your style :) Congratulations to on starting a blog, will definitely be visiting often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angelika, I liked your cards and you did well with nthe blogging. I like your idea in first one how you cut two circles then cut the 2nd one in half for the back. You did this when I was at your class and I think it is a great idea.

    Hope to be up your way later in the year will get in touch Take care JUne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angelika, congratulations on your blog, it looks fantastic.
    Your cards are beautiful.I am lookiong forward to your next post

    ReplyDelete