28 Feb 2012

Fresh Vintage Card

Hello there. Here I am with a new card for you using mostly free products from Stampin' Up!s Sale-a-Bration Brochure. (You can also get these and other products free but more on that later).

When I first saw this paper it reminded me straight away of a friends place way back in my Primary School days where her parents lounge room was wallpapered in a similiar pattern and had these beautiful flocked flower pieces scattered throughout upon it. I just loved it! So this is where my inspiration came from for this card.


As I said in my last post, I am loving the new In Colours from Stampin' Up! and my favourite at the moment is Pool Party. I also love Vintage and lucky for me Stampin' Up! have brought out this sweet range so I can combine the two together.

The card itself is pretty simple however one tip I would give you is to assemble the Lace, Seam Binding Ribbon and Eyelet Border pieces together before you adhere them to your card. That way you have created one easy piece to adhere in a straight line onto the card.

The flower piece was stamped first then punched out with the Doily Triple Layer Punch on the first setting. By turning my punch upside down I was able to line the dots of the stamped image up with each protruding part of the Doily piece. To punch the image out I turned my punch up the right way. I used a sponge dauber to shade the images around the edges. There's a little lace loop attached to the centre piece.

Style Tip: You could also use the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch for the flower pieces.
The lace loop on the centre piece grounds that piece to the card. Without it the centre piece looks as if it's just floating there and not a featured part of the card.

Technique Tip:  Just a note on using these intricate punches like the Doily Triple Layer, Blossoms Bouquet Triple Layer,  and the Lace Ribbon Border Punch - Due to the intricacies of these designs the punch is punching a lot of delicate pieces out at once, therefore you need to sit the punches on a flat surface, like your table, apply a lot of pressure when punching and punch fast. If you punch slowly, you can jam your card stock/paper inside the punch and perhaps damage it. If you are unsure or have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me and I'll be happy to help. :)

Stampin' Up! Sale-a-Bration Promotion (SAB):  Stampin' Up! SAB promotion ends 31 March. For every $100 you spend you get to choose any product from the SAB Brochure for Free! So for every $200 you spend, you get 2 free products etc. You can do this as many times as you like on as many different days as you like until the 31st of March. After that date these products will never be available for free or purchase again.

Here's a list of the Stampin' Up! products I used to create this card.

Rubber Stamps:
Fresh Vintage Stamp Set - free! in the Sale-a-Bration Brochure.

Card Stock & Papers:
Pool Party from the New In Colours
Naturals Ivory Card Stock
Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper - free! in the SAB

Inkpads:
Pool Party Inkpad
Crumb Cake Inkpad (for edges and shading of pieces)

Tools:
Eyelet Border Punch
Doily Triple Layer Punch
2 1/2 " Circle Punch
 Sponge Dauber

Accessories:
Victoria Crochet Trim
Everyday Enchantment Ribbon & Brad Pack - free! in SAB
Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon

Adhesives:
Sticky Strip

I hope you like my card and thanks for stopping by. :)
See you again soon - Angeliki.

No comments:

Post a Comment