21 Feb 2012

Punches make Super Quick Cards!

Hello, Here I am today with some super quick cards for you to whip up in no time at all!

Have you ever been caught out with an unexpected visitor and thought 'Oh no, I don't have a card for him/her!' Well I have your problems solved! Make up a few of these super quick cards adding a different sentiment on each, like Happy Birthday and the ones I've used, stash them away and you'll never be caught out again!

I am just loving the new 'In-Colours' that Stampin' Up! have put out - Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party and Island Indigo. They sound good enough to eat! They're just a lovely splash of fresh colours.

You can see from these cards how easy they were to make. I love this Bird Builder Punch. It punches out 3 images at once - the Bird, Wing and Branch - so there's only one punch! For both of these cards I punched one Bird in Calypso Coral and one Bird in Lucky Limeade and just swapped the branches of each set to add some colour contrast to each card.
Do you love the clouds? I do. These were punched from the Cupcake Builder Punch. Instead of explaining the Cupcake Builder Punch images I thought I'd scan a picture of it along with the Bird Builder so you can see what images you get with just one punch.

As you can see, I used the top of the Cupcake for the clouds on both cards.

For the Thank You card I stamped the sentiment from the Curly Cute Stamp Set then punched it out using the Scallop Oval Punch.

For the Hello Card I stamped the sentiment from the Free Sale-a-Bration Stamp Set 'Elementary Elegance' (Free during Sale-a-Bration which ends March 31. Just click on the Sale-a-Bration Icon on my Blog for details), then punched it out with the Curly Label Punch and stamped the little Bird last, (which is also from the Free Elementary Elegance Stamp Set).

Don't you just love these new bright fresh Papers that I used from the Berry Blossoms Paper Set? They were designed to match with the New In-Colours so everything is colour co-ordinated for you! You've gotta love that!

O.Kay, Card assembly - Paper on first adhered with Sticky Strip. Adhere wing to Bird with 2 way glue pen, then adhere assembled Bird, Branch and Clouds with 2 Way Glue Pen to card. Adhere Sentiments with Stampin' Dimensionals and you're done! How quick and easy was that? And so effective!

Style Tip: You could use these cards for any male simply by changing the Papers & Colours. On the Thank You Card I would also change the Scallop Oval Punch to the Large Oval Punch for a more masculine feel, however the Curly Label Punch on the Hello Card would be fine.

Colour & Paper Suggestions for Masculine Cards:  Stampin' Up! Well Worn Designer Series Papers would look great on the Crumbcake Card base that I've used for the Cards above, and using the matching inks that go with this Paper Set will also tie in with the White Clouds. So for example, your Birds with interchangable Branches could be River Rock and Soft Suede, then using the Papers and Inkpads of these same Colours.

O.Kay, so you're all set for those unexpected guests!

Here's a list of the Stampin' Up! Products I used:

Rubber Stamps:
Curly Cute
Elementary Elegance - Free during Sale-a-Bration which ends March 31. Just click on the Sale-a-Bration Icon on my Blog for details.

Card Stock and Paper:
Crumbcake
Whisper White
Lucky Limeade
Calypso Coral
Berry Blossoms

Inkpads:
Lucky Limeade
Calypso Coral

Tools:
Bird Builder, Cupcake Builder, Scallop Oval and Curly Label Punches.

Adhesives:
Sticky Strip
2 Way Glue Pen
Stampin' Dimensionals

I hope you have enjoyed todays post. See you again soon, Angeliki :).

No comments:

Post a Comment