4 Mar 2012

Everyday Enchantment Cards

Hello there. I have had a couple of ladies ask me if I could make up some cards using the Everyday Enchantment Papers and the Ribbon & Brad Pack from the Sale-a-Bration Brochure to give them some ideas on how to use these products. So here's another 2, and will post more soon.

I love Butterflies, real or ornamental, and they are one of my favourite embellishments, so I've featured them on both cards as well. What's your favourite embellishment?

Here's the first card I have for you today .
I wish the picture was clearer, however the camera shop has told me the blurring is due to the cameras 'brain' wearing out therefore I need a new one. Wearing Out! It's only 4 years old! But it just keeps taking blurry pictures, so they must be right, mustn't they???

So, at the top is a double bow which I created by holding two strands of ribbon together and tied a normal bow. I adjusted one loop on each side making it smaller than the other which you can see on the right hand side of the card. I've also wrapped ribbon three times around the patterned paper and affixed the double bow on top with a Glue Dot.

Down the bottom you can see I've wrapped the ribbon 3 times round and then attached the brad.

Style Tips: Glue Dots are fantastic for sticking bows, especially ones with a small centre like this one.
Pierce a hole with a Paper Piercer for easy attachment of Brads.


For this second card, I love how the paper matches the stamp! It ties it in beautifully, not needing a lot of other images or embellishments. For the shading of the centre piece I used a sponge dauber and applied the red ink first then went over it softly with Crumb Cake to dull the red a little.

So there you have it! Two reasonably simple cards for you to copy to give to family, friends etc. But please remember, none of my designs are for re-sale. Thank you for your honesty.

If you would like to learn how to create this shading and other techniques, plus make cards in a fun atmosphere with other like minded people, just email me and I will be happy to give you more details.

I hope both cards give you lots of inspiration! See you soon, Angeliki :)

Here's a list of the Stampin' Up! Products I used to create Both Cards. 

Rubber Stamps:
Fresh Vintage Stamp Set - Free! 

Ink Pads/Markers:
Riding Hood Red
Crumb Cake (for shading) 

Card Stock & Papers:
Crumb Cake
Lucky Limeade
Pool Party
Very Vanilla
Naturals Ivory
Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper - Free!

Accessories:
Everyday Enchantment Ribbon & Brad Pack - Free!
Basic Jewels - Rhinestones 

Tools:
Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
Beautiful Butterflies Die
Beautiful Wings Sizzlits
Lace Ribbon Punch
2 1/2" Circle Punch
Eyelet Border Punch
Sponge Dauber 

Adhesives:
Sticky Strip
Glue Dots
2 Way Glue Pen (to adhere Lace Border and Butterflies)
Stampin' Dimensionals (To raise Stamped Image)

No comments:

Post a Comment