27 Mar 2012

Shabby Chic Paris Card

Hello there.  In a card making workshop I held on Saturday my theme was 'Shabby Chic Paris' and I wanted to share with you some of the cards and gift tags that I made for the event over the next week or so.

Here's the first one I have for you. I love this set of papers, Beau Chateau, so perfect for that soft Shabby Chic feel.

 I made the flower using the Fancy Flower Punch. I punched out 3 images and went around the edges of each petal with a sponge dauber using Soft Suede ink, then I roughed the edges up with my finger nail. You could also achieve this look with the Distressing Kit, especially good if you have short fingernails! Then I folded each petal in towards the middle of the flower and then back in half towards the outside. Once I had done this to all 3 pieces I layered them to form the full flower. I used my 2 Way Glue Pen for the layering, but sticky strip is fine also. To create the centre piece of the flower I used my Boho Blossoms Punch, again shaded each edge with sponge dauber and ink and layered them flat and finished the flower off with a pretty adhesive pearl.

For the centre piece of the card itself I used the Top Note Die and inked the edges with Crumb Cake ink, not Soft Suede, as Soft Suede would have been too dark and spoiled the soft look. The rest is pretty self explanatory, however if you would like more information or have any questions, please email me and I will be happy to help. Please leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.

I hope the week has started off well for you.  Thanks for visiting, Angeliki. :)

Here's the list of Stampin' Up! Products I used to create this card:

Rubber Stamps:
Artistic Etchings
Clearly for You

Card Stock & Papers:
Whisper White - Card Base and Top Note Die
Pink Pirouette
Beau Chateau Designer Series Papers

Ink Pads & Markers:
Crumb Cake Ink Pad
Pink Pirouette Ink Pad
Soft Suede Ink Pad

Accessories:
Basic Jewels - Pearl
Ribbon & Lace from my own stash

Tools:
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
Top Note Bigz Die
Sponge Daubers

Adhesives:
Sticky Strip
2 Way Glue Pen

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Angeliki! I love the softness of this card. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete