20 Mar 2012

Shabby Happy Birthday Card

Hi there. I have a pretty Birthday Card to share with you today using the free papers from the Sale-a-Bration Brochure - Which I must mention ends on 31 March, so only 11 days left!

Since I took this photo I have added small pearl jewels to each small hole on the lace, (which looks very gorgeous), and I grunged the ribbon and bow up a little bit by applying a small amount of Crumb Cake ink with a sponge dauber.

I created the Stick Pin using a jewellery head pin and adhered it with a glue dot to the ribbon, which I also adhered with a glue dot to the card.


To create the centre piece I stamped it in Pool Party then stamped Happy Birthday in the middle with Poppy Parade. I punched the middle out with my Curly Label Punch and adhered it to a separate piece of card stock. Then I adhered the frame over the top of the Happy Birthday with Stampin' Dimensionals which gives it it's raised look.
Technique Tip: Before you adhere the Happy Birthday piece to a separate piece of card stock,  ink the edges with matching ink to your frame. This blends the two together nicely creating one smooth line for the eye and makes the frame stand out more.

Stampin' Up Products I used to create this card:

Rubber Stamps:
Elementary Elegance

Card Stock & Papers:
 Pool Party
Very Vanilla
Everyday Enchantment - Free from SAB Brochure

Ink Pads & Markers:
Pool Party Ink Pad
Poppy Parade Ink Pad
Crumb Cake

Accessories:
Basic Jewels - Pearls
Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon
Sponge Dauber

Tools:
Big Shot Die Cutting & Embossing Machine
Elegant Lines Embossing Folder
Eyelet Border

Adhesives:
Stampin' Dimensionals
Sticky Strip
Glue Dots

Well that's it for me today. I hope your day has been a good one. Thanks for visiting! See you soon,
Angeliki.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this birthday card. What a great idea combining the embossed card with the pretty paper.

    ReplyDelete