10 May 2012

Mother's Day Cards & Birthday Cards

Hi There. Well, I've been a bit slow on posting lately but life has been very hectic. I teach Singing, Piano and Drama through the week so the start of a new school term is always pretty manic settling everybody back in and taking new Enrolments. I also hold regular Card Making Classes and Free Stampin' Up! Workshops so life is always pretty busy. If  you're in or around the Coffs Harbour area (NSW Australia) and would like to attend any of these classes or would like more information, please email me, and I'll be happy to help.

O.Kay, the Cards - I have four for you today, all using the gorgeous new Rubber Stamp Set called 'Tea Shoppe', and just one set of Papers, 'Attic Boutique', both from Stampin' Up!'s new Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue.  How I loooove this Stamp Set & Papers. The stamp set includes 10, yes 10!, matching stamps, all in the one set! I love Tea Pots and Tea Cups and Saucers so this set 'suits me to a tea.' The set actually includes a stamp saying 'you suit me to a tea'. Here's a picture of the set.
As you can see, it is so versatile with the different sentiments and the variety of stamps. You can add your owm sentiment for any occassion, and swap my sentiments on the cards below for anything of your choice also.

 Card No. 1.
I cut the tea cup, and the flowers popping out of the tea cup, out and then adhered the flowers to the inside of the cup and  placed it all on the top of my embossed scallop circle with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Style Tip: This card doesn't directly say 'Mother's Day' however it does imply that if given on Mother's Day. Given on any other day, it can be a thank you card too. You can also swap the 'A Cup of Thanks' for Happy Birthday, so it reads 'Mum, Wonderful You, Happy Birthday'. It would also make a beautiful Grandma card. Change all the sentiments and place 'Get Well Soon' or whatever sentiment you like.

Card No. 2.  Again I cut the Tea Cup out and sat it up on Stampin' Dimensionals. And again, you could put any Sentiment on this card.


Card No. 3 Again, add any sentiment of your choice. The three tea cups are actually one stamp with each cup in a row.  They are perfectly placed to be able to cut them out or punch them out as I did with my 1 1/4" square punch. I layered them over the red squares which I punched out with my 1 3/8" Square Punch.






Here is the List of Stampin' Up! Products I used to make all FOUR Cards.

Rubber Stamps:
Tea Shoppe
Field Flowers - For the 'With Love' Stamp - The 'Mum' Stamp is from my own stash but there is one nearly exactly the same in the Stampin' Up! set 'For My Family' on Page 110 of the Ideas Book & Catalogue.
Loving Thoughts - For the 'Wonderful You' Stamp.

Card Stock & Papers:
Real Red
Whisper White
Pool Party
Pretty In Pink
Regal Rose - Used for the Lace Border in Card 2.
Attic Boutique

Ink Pads:
Real Red
Island Indigo
Pool Party
Soft Suede
Daffodil Delight
Regal Rose

Accessories:
Basic Jewels - Pearls
Ruffled Ribbon - Pool Party
Pink Ribbon - My own stash but you could use Pink Pirouette Taffeta Ribbon (Page 139)

Tools:
Punches- Lace Border; 1- 3/8" & 1-1/4" Square; Extra Large Oval
Big Shot - Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder & Scallop Circle #2 

Adhesives:
Sticky Strip
Stampin' Dimensionals
2 Way Glue Pen - Adhered Tea Cup squares to red squares in cards 2 & 3.

Thank you so much for dropping by. Hope to see you again soon :)

1 comment:

  1. Four beautiful cards. Nice and simply but so elegant.

    ReplyDelete