31 Jul 2012

Elements of Style Card

Hi There. I made this card for a workshop I held recently and it was to show that you don't always have to colour stamps in to make them look effective. The idea is to draw colour and texture from other elements and embellishments, like inks, papers and ribbons, as I've done here.  It's a simple technique but still striking in detail.

I used paper from the Beau Chateau papers to match the flower stamp, which I stamped straight onto the stripped paper, from Subtles Paper Stack, in Basic Gray. Matching the paper to the stamp adds more definition and makes the stamp stand out more.




Why don't you give this technique a go, and I'd love to hear how you went with it. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions. Thanks for stopping by, Angeliki :)


Here's a list of Stampin' Up! Products I used to create this card. If you would like to purchase any Stampin' Up! Products just email me with your order - It's that Easy!

Rubber Stamps: Elements of Style

Ink Pads: Basic Gray; Riding Hood Red

Card Stock and Papers: Very Vanilla; Beau Chateau Designer Series Paper; Subtles Paper Stack.

Accessories: Riding Hood Red Pleated Ribbon

Tools: Scallop Oval and Large Oval Punches; Paper Snips to cut out bird.


No comments:

Post a Comment