13 Jul 2012

Happy Birthday Card & Pouch

Hi There. Today I have a pretty little note card with it's own matching pouch to show you. This project came about because I wanted to find some ways of using up the smaller pieces of paper that you seem to be left with after using up most of the sheet - so essentially, using up the scraps! So this is one of  the projects I came up with.


The note card, folded, measures 7.6cm x 7.6cm, and the finished pouch measures 8.4cm x 9cm.

For the note card:  I used the Marker to Pen Technique for the flowers and then cut them out and overlayed them on top of the paper piece that I attached to the card earlier. I embossed the Birthday sentiment in Cherry Cobbler onto one of the tags from the Lots of Tags Die Set.

Marker to Pen Technique: Colour the stamp in your chosen colours with Stampin' Write Markers from Stampin' Up! Be sure to colour the whole area of the stamp. Once you've finished your colouring, breathe on the whole stamp to re-moisten the marker ink and stamp. So easy and so much fun!

To Make the Pouch - I used my Simply Scored Scoring Tool:  Start with a piece of card stock measuring 10cm x 18cm (I used Whisper White). Place the short side of the card stock so it runs down the left hand ruler and the long side running across the top ruler. Now score at 8 1/2cm and then 17cm. The 8 1/2cm is your centre fold. Now flip your card piece around so that the long edge is running down the left hand ruler and score at 1cm. Now make your folds on the score lines.  TIP: Use a Bone Folder on your score lines because this flattens them really well which eliminates the baulk when we fold it all up.

On the side of your card stock where the two score lines cross each other, cut both the ends on the short side and just the one side closest to this on the long side, at 45 degree angles - This forms inner tabs which allows for expansion of the pouch. Tip: You have to have these tabs otherwise the pouch won't be able to expand to accommodate the card. Next, refold your score lines towards the inside of the pouch and place double sided adhesive on both folded tabs, then fold in half to form the pouch. Use a bone folder again to flatten out the seams. 

Decorate the front of the pouch however you like. I covered the front of mine with paper to match the note card. I used my 1" Circle Punch at the top for ease of  removing and inserting the card, and it looks pretty and professional!  Tip: If you're using paper as I did on this one, adhere the paper first, then punch.

Then, insert your card and tie it up with a pretty piece of Seam Binding Ribbon!

I hope you've enjoyed today's project and I also hope it inspires you to have a go at making your own note card with matching pouch! If anything is unclear in my instructions, or you need more info, or whatever, just email me and I'll be happy to help.

Have a great weekend and I'll see you soon. Thanks for stopping by - Angeliki.

Here's a list of Stampin' Up! Products I used to make the Note Card & Matching Pouch:

Rubber Stamps: Reason to Smile and Sincere Salutations
Card Stock & Papers: Whisper White and Twitterpated Designer Series Paper (from current Mini Cat')
Ink Pads and Markers: Versamark (for embossing); Certainly Celery & Riding Hood Red Markers.
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder; Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon.
Tools: Big Shot, Lots of Tags Die; Simply Scored Scoring Tool; Heat Gun (for embossing); Paper Snips; 1" Round Punch.
Adhesives: Sticky Strip




2 comments:

  1. Hi Angeliki
    The birthday card and pouch is a wonderful idea for using up all thoses scraps that we just don't want to part with.
    This design would also be suitable for invitations.
    Keep up the great posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nola, Thanks for your kind and encouraging words - I'm really glad you like it. Invitations is a great idea - You could also use this for Wedding Thank You's or a Thank You to a friend etc. :)

      Delete