12 Sep 2012

Betsy Blossoms Thank You Card

Hi There. Well I haven't posted for awhile because life has been super busy with the release of Stampin' Up!'s new Annual Catalogue and Holiday Catalogue - which are both fantastic! The only problem is, how to choose your first purchase, because everything is soooo wonderful in there. As Demonstrators, Stampin' Up! release a few items to us to pre-order and prepare our Catalogue Launch Parties with. I decided to go whimsical, which is something outside of what I would normally choose, and chose this gorgeous stamp set, Betsy Blossoms, with matching Designer Series Paper, Wheel and Ribbon. I've enjoyed playing with these lovely goodies and I have one of those cards for you today.

Technique:   1.  I used the branch stamp for the stems of the flowers, up-side-down and right ways, and stamped directly onto the card. I also cut out some leaves from extra stamped branches to add to the stems and flowers on the card.

2.  I didn't stamp any flowers directly onto the card. I stamped on spare whisper white card stock and cut them out - this gave them a realness effect.  Two of them I adhered directly onto the branch, and the other two I raised with stampin' dimensionals and then put them over the branch.

3.  I used a circle punch to punch out the flower centres and raised all of them with stampin' dimensionals.


4. I cut out the bird and raised it on stampin' dimensionals also.

Style Tip:  Arranging the flowers this way, in steps 2 and 3, creates a 3D effect and creates more of a real look whilst also creating depth and perspective - So the flowers pop out at you.


Here's a list of Stampin' Up! products I used to create my Betsy Blossoms Card.

Rubber Stamps:
Betsy Blossoms
A Word For You

Card Stock and Papers:
Whisper White
Tangerine Tango
Floral District Designer Series Paper

Ink Pads:
Baja Breeze

Lucky Limeade
Rich Razzleberry
Rose Red
Tangerine Tango

Accessories:
Daffodil Delight Stitched Ribbon

Tools:
Scallop Oval Punch
Large Oval Punch
1/2" Circle Punch
Paper Snips

Adhesives:
Double Sided Tape
Stampin' Dimensionals

 Well I hope you like my whimsical Betsy Blossoms card as much as I enjoyed creating it. I'll be posting some more of my creations with Betsy Blossoms in the coming days so keep your eyes out.


If you would like more information on this card or any Stampin' Up! products, please do not hesitate to email me and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks for stopping by, Angeliki :)


 




No comments:

Post a Comment