18 Sep 2012

Betsy's Blossoms Aperture Card

Hi there. Here's another card using the Betsy's Blossoms Stamp Set and Designer Series Paper 'Floral District'. I've really enjoyed creating with this stamp set and the papers are just beautiful. Put them together and you've got fun,bright, and very Spring!


How To:
To create the Aperture - which is the opening on the card face -I used the second smallest Framelit from the Labels Collection Framelits Dies. I cut the card face first, then positioned my papers on the inside of the card in exactly the same place as they would appear on the card front, traced around the aperture onto the papers, and then die cut them.

I cut another piece of paper with the same die and adhered it to the inside of the card and placed two hand cut Birds onto that - the first hand cut bird I adhered flat onto the paper and the second bird I place directly over it with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Tested for you tip: - I did stamp the bird directly onto the paper first but it didn't look so good, so that's why I went with the two hand cut birds.

I love this style of card as it sits flat like a normal card but when the receiver opens it they get a nice surprise to see the bird is actually on the inside of the card and not the outside as it would appear to be before opened. I've photographed my card a little opened so you could see that the bird was on the inside.

If you have any questions on this card or would like more information about any of the products please feel free to email me and I am happy to help.

Thank you for stopping by :) Have a great day, Angeliki.

Here's a List of the Stampin' Up! Products I used to Create this Card:

Rubber Stamps
Betsy's Blossoms

Card Stock & Papers
Baja Breeze
Whisper White
Floral District Papers

Ink Pads
Rich Razzleberry
Baja Breeze - just for flower edges

Accessories
Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon
Brights Brads

Tools
Big Shot
Labels Collection Framelits Dies
Boho Blossom Punch
Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack
 Paper Snips

Adhesives
Doubled Sided Tape
2 Way Glue Pen - for layering of flowers
Stampin' Dimensionals


1 comment:

  1. Hi Angeliki
    Both of the Betsy's Blossom cards are beautiful.
    I love the way you have fussy cut around the bird and the flowers.This is something I find very hard to achieve. Do you have any hints on this technique?
    Nola

    ReplyDelete