25 Oct 2012

Ornament Keepsakes Christmas Card

Hi There. Well Christmas isn't really all that far away now, especially in terms of making your own cards, as we card makers know oh so well!! All the blood, sweat and tears we put into making cards for our loved ones and friends - and god help anyone who throws away a hand made card!!! But, all jokes aside, actually, I'm not joking, but anyway ........ it is a lovely time to be making cards with all the wonderful and pretty, pretty products available. And I think Stampin' Up! have really excelled themselves with the Christmas range this year with so many matching products which makes creating a little easier and makes for a whole lot more fun! Here's what I'm loving at the moment.

**  I love the ease of Stamp Sets with matching Dies and Punches and at the moment my favourite set is the Ornament Keepsakes Stamp Set with it's matching Dies - No Cutting!!

**  I love the matching Festive Paper Piercing Pack and I've used it on the Large & Small stamped Decorations.  It doesn't look as good in the photo as in real life, but it does add texture and gives dimension instead of a pure flat image.

**  I really love the Lacy Brocade Embossing folder with it's soft curves which match beautifully with the soft Red Flocking.

**  And I really do love the text of the Greeting. It was this that sold this set to me!


Design Tips For This Card:

1.  Paper Piercing - Stamp and Die Cut your image first, then pierce. Don't use an every day paper piercer as this has a larger head and will make your holes to big. Keep this for brads etc. Do use the Stylus Paper Piercing Tool and keep it for use with Paper Piercing Packs only - This will extend the life of your Stylus, which will last for a very, very long time!

2.  The Flocking is on a clear window sheet, acetate, and I've adhered it with small dots of Crystal Effects on the back, hiding the dots on sections of the flocking so it won't show through to the right side of the sheet. You can't use tape on any of the sheet which is going to be seeable on your card as the tape shows through.

Crystal Effects is a handy thing to have on hand. Other than it's intended use, it is great as a glue because it has a very strong hold and allows a little bit of manipulation before setting.

3. Core'dinations Card Stock - I wanted a textured card piece for the embossing so I used Gumball Green Core'dinations Card Stock, unsanded. This card stock is very versatile because it allows you to use it just as you would any other textured card stock. The white core will only show through if you sand it.  I will have a sanded example to show you soon.

Well, I think that's pretty much it for this card. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email me and I will be happy to help. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you've enjoyed my card and found some helpful tips. Angeliki :)

Here's a list of Stampin' Up! Products I used to Create this Card:

Rubber Stamps
Ornament Keepsakes - Pg 3 Holiday Cat'
Greetings Of The Season - Pg 8 Hol' Cat'
Four Frames

Card Stock & Papers
Very Vanilla
Core'dinations Card Stock Gumball Green - Pg 6 Holiday Cat'
Candlelight Christmas Specialty Papers - Pg 4 Hol' Cat'

Ink Pads
Gumball Green
Real Red
Early Espresso - For Greeting

Accessories
Basic Jewel Rhinestones
Gumball Green Satin Stitched Ribbon

Tools
Big Shot
Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder - Pg 6 Holiday Cat'
Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies -Pg 3
Decorative Label Punch
Festive Paper Piercing Pack - Pg 30 Holiday Cat'
Paper Piercing Tool - Pg 181
Stampin' Pierce Mat - Pg 181

Adhesives
Crystal Effects
Double Sided Tape
Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful card Angeliki. I love the red flocking. I have some and I was unsure what to do with it.
    Can't agree more with you about people throwing out handmade cards.
    Nola

    ReplyDelete