5 Mar 2013

Masculine Cards - The Open Sea Stamp Set

Hi There. Well it feels ages since I've Blogged - 3 weeks!!! - Due to my Internet provider cutting of my Security, Twice!!! And each time for duration of 5 days or more. But, I'm back to normal now, I hope!!

Often people ask me for Male Inspired card ideas because they're a bit harder to come up with than female cards, so here's two for you today using the Stamp Sets 'The Open Sea' and 'Curly Cute'


And here is the second Card.

 Style Tips:  
1)  The corrugated sheet in the first card was made with a Crimper. If you don't have one just swap it with an Embossed sheet using the Stripes Embossing Folder to give the same effect.

2) I used Early Espresso Bakers Twine but because this is White and Early Espresso I ran a sponge dauber over it with Crumb Cake ink, which I just dabbed from my ink pad, to colour the white because my base is Very Vanilla. I adhered it with small dots of Multipurpose Liquid Glue using the Pen Tip end 

3)  On both Cards I mounted the World Stamp up on Stampin' Dimensionals, then mounted the Boat up the same. I did the same with the Happy Birthday and Scallop Circle in the second card.

Here's a List of Stampin' Up! Products I used on Both Cards.

Rubber Stamps
The Open Sea
Curly Cute

Card Stock
Very Vanilla
Crumb Cake
Island Indigo

Papers
Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper Stack - from Holiday Cat' but very similar is Print Poetry Designer Series Paper Stack in the Current Mini.& there's actually papers in that set that Matches the stamps in the Open Sea Stamp Set - I will be purchasing this myself!

Accessories
Early Espresso Bakers Twine

Tools
Scallop Circle Punch
1 3/8" Circle
Paper Snips
Crimper or Stripes Embossing Folder

Adhesives
Stampin Dimensionals
Sticky Strip
Multi Purpose Liquid Glue

I hoped you've enjoyed today's cards and have been inspired to make some masculine cards.
Have a Great Day! Angeliki :)




No comments:

Post a Comment