13 Apr 2013

More Product Spotlight

Hi There. I hope you've enjoyed the first two daily installments from my Product Spotlight products - Hearts A Flutter Stamp Set; Hearts A Flutter Framelits Dies and Tea For Two Designer Series Paper Pack.
On first glance these products look so feminine and pretty - which I love! - but they're not just for the Girls!  Here's a Masculine card I created using the same Product Spotlight Products.
Are you like me and love the stitching on other peoples cards but hate the thought of dragging out your sewing machine? Or don't have a sewing machine?  Well I have a Faux Stitching Technique for you which is fun and fast!
Card How To's:
* I scored the border with my Simply Scored Scoring Tool and added the blue paper in the middle.
* I made the FAUX STITCHING by paper piercing the banners and tabs with the Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack and drew lines in between each hole with a ruler as a straight guide and my white Signo Gel Pen.
* I added Silver Mini Brads to each banner and adhered them on top of the Early Espresso Bakers Twine which I glued down first with Tombow glue.
* I added the Buttons for extra visual effect and threaded them with Linen Twine to add more texture to the bottom of the card.
STYLE TIP: Looking at my card now, I think using my Early Espresso Marker on the banners to match the twine would have looked better, but still keeping the white gel pen on the tabs - but have a play around and see what colours you like best.

Well that's me for today. There are two installments left in this series so remember to pop back tomorrow for the next. Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by, Angeliki :)

Here's a list of Stampin' Up! Products I used to create this card (other than the Product Spotlight Products)
Rubber Stamps - 'Curly Cute' for the sentiment
Card Stock - Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Ink Pads - Early Espresso, More Mustard, Island Indigo, Cajun Craze, Lucky Limeade, Real Red
Accessories - Early Espresso Bakers Twine, Mini Brads, Naturals Designer Buttons, Linen Thread
Tools - Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Paper Piercing Mat, Tool, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack
Adhesives - Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Double Sided Tape

No comments:

Post a Comment