16 May 2013

Secret Garden - Three Panel Accordian Fold Card


Hi There. Well the sun is shining here in sunny Coffs Harbour today so I thought what better time than to post this (rather large) card that I made using Stampin' Up!'s Secret Garden Stamp Set with matching Secret Garden Framelits Dies. If you've been following my blog you'll know that anything I don't have to hand cut is a blessing!!
It's a shame I didn't get some better photos of this as it looked so much better in real life! I've since sold it so I hope you can see it's true beauty - of course I am a little bit biased!
I just love the 'Live in the Sunshine' stamp which is from the 'Pursuit of Happiness' Stamp Set. This stamp set is such a great positive affirmation set which I like looking at to remind me that the simple things in life are often our true treasures.
I teamed 'The Secret of Life is Enjoying the Passing of Time' stamp from the stamp set 'From My Heart' because I felt they went together beautifully and positively. 
The front side of the card is giving the affirmations, and the back side of the card is telling the story of these. The middle section with the white oval is where you write your message.

How to Make the Base Card:
Each Panel measures 12.5x15cm.

1.  Cut a piece of card stock measuring 15 x 28cm and score at 2.5cm and 15cm.
2.  Cut another piece of card stock to 12.5 x 15cm.  Attach this to the 2.5cm flap you created in step 1 to form the Three Panel Accordion Fold Card.
3.  Decorate to your hearts Desire!


 Here's A List of the Stampin' Up! Products I used to Create this Three Panel Accordion Fold Card:
Rubber Stamps: Secret Garden, Pursuit of Happiness, From My Heart.
Cardstock: Rose Red, Whisper White, Gumball Green, Floral District Designer Series Paper Pack.
Inkpads: Rose Red, Gumball Green, Early Espresso.
Accessories: Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon; Tea Lace Paper Doilies.
Tools: Bird Builder, Elegant Butterfly, Scallop Oval & Large Oval Punches;

 Big Shot, Secret Garden & Ovals
 Framelits; Occasions Paper Piercing Pack, Piercing Tool & Mat.
Adhesives: Multi Purpose Tombow glue, Double-sided and mounting tape.
Style Tip: Notice the Paper Piercing around each oval of the 'Secret of Life' sentiment? This gives each oval a border which ties them in together so they don't look flat and a little boring!
I hope I have inspired you to give this style of card a go, and I hope you have as much fun making it as I did.
See you soon and Thanks for stopping by, Take Care, Angeliki :)





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Angeliki...gorgeous papers, & love the front...how lovely to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! The cards are beautifulI especially like the first one.
    Thank you for the great instructions
    Nola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angeliki I am really intrigued as to how you did the stamping on the 2nd card. The poppies look great on the pink circle. Hope you don't mind me asking
    Nola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nola - No I don't mind at all you asking, I appreciate it! It's one of the papers from the Floral District Designer Series Paper Pack. The Poppies are printed on the paper - so it wasn't any great skill of mine! And then I just punched one out with the poppy on it for the other panel. Hope that makes sense! Angeliki :)

      Delete