2 Nov 2014

10 Christmas and Non-Christmas Cards using Filigree Embossing Folder

We're half way there with my special series of cards with Stampin' Up! Filigree Embossing Folder ..... Mmm ....... might have been a bit over zealous! We'll see!

I've done both cards today with the 'Marker to Stamp' Technique. There's a little explanation further down on how to do this. This technique really adds more life to your images, and is fun and easy!

Here's # 5 Christmas Card.


I have really loved creating with this stamp set "White Christmas", and I've just received my All Is Calm Snowflake Embellishments and Washi Tape, so couldn't wait to include them!

Style Tips

  • I've used 'Marker to Stamp' Technique on the Trees, which is simply colouring your image with Stampin' Write Markers directly onto the stamp. For full details, type 'Marker to Stamp Technique' in my search box and it will come up. Ive used Soft Suede for the Trunks, Wild Wasabi for Tree Branches, and Soft Sky on the Ice Mound.
  • I've sponged Pool Party on the Snow Mound and softly throughout the background. Then sponged So Saffron through the trees as if sunlight is shinning through them.
  • I've used my Two-Way Glue Pen to adhere the Glitter.
  • I stamp the Polar Bear in Sky Blue and then cut out with my Paper Snips.
  • I adhered the Snowflake Embellishment with a Glue Dot. These are great, strong and multi uses, like for Bows.

Here's A List of the Stampin' Up! Products I used to Create this Card.

Stamp Sets: White Christmas, Good Greetings
Card Stock: Whisper White, Real Red, Brushed Gold, Dazzling Details Glimmer Paper
Ink Pads: Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Smoky Slate, So Saffron, Pool Party
Stampin' Write Markers: Soft Suede, Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky
Accessories: All Is Calm Snowflake Embellishments & Washi Tape, Real Red 3/8" Satin Woven Ribbon, Linen Thread.
Tools: Big Shot, Filigree Embossing Folder, Modern Label Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Paper Snips.
Adhesives: Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Double Sided Tape, Dimensionals, Glue Dots.

Here's # 5 Non-Christmas Card.

Well, I'm a flower girl, so there's no denying that this stamp was a must have for me! I love it!
I also love the Sequins! They give a magicness (don't know if that's a word - magicness!) to the card and bring it to life. This card was quite quick to create too!

I couldn't decide whether to keep the Butterfly in or not, so will show you both cards. Which one do you like best - With or Without Butterfly? Just leave your answer in the Comments Box at the end of this post.

Style Tips:

  • I glued the Sequins down with Multipurpose Liquid Glue - To do this, put a small spot of glue on the card stock, then holding the sequin with tweezers, lay it on the glue. Also holding Stampin' Up! Adhesive Pearl with tweezers, place in the centre of the sequin. 
  • To frame the Greeting, punch Pear Pizzazz Card Stock with Scallop Oval, cut in half long ways, adhere both half's with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.

 Here's A List of the Stampin' Up! Products I used to Create this Card.

Stamp Sets: Hey There Buds, Flower Patch (for the Greeting)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Calypso Coral (Card Base)
Ink Pad: Pear Pizzazz
Stampin' Write Markers: Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories: Calypso Coral Seam Binding, 2013-2015 In Colour Sequin Assortment, Pearl Basic Jewels.
Tools: Big Shot, Filigree Embossing Folder, Scallop Oval Punch.
Adhesives: Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Dimensionals, Double Sided Tape.

Well that's it from me for today. I hope you enjoy the Cards! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment