2 Jul 2015

'Technique Booster' Day

Hi, Welcome to my NEW SEGMENT - 'TECHNIQUE BOOSTER' 
To Celebrate my new segment I have two 'Technique Booster' items for you today; 'Different Card, Same Layout' & 'Masking Technique Explained'


DIFFERENT CARD, SAME LAYOUT - 'GARDEN IN BLOOM' THANKS CARD


I wanted to show you how you can use the same card layout but get quite a different look and feel to a card by swapping certain elements. 

So today's card is the same layout as my previous post, except this time I wanted a more relaxed, fun and vibrant look to say 'Thanks' with. Whereas for the Celebrate Card I wanted a more formal and elegant look.

Here's a look at them side by side.


So, to Achieve this I've:

  • Added more images from the 'Garden In Bloom' Stamp Set to create the relaxed, fun, vibrant look I wanted.
  • Added Seam Binding overlapped with Cotton Ribbon thru the centre.
  • Swapped the 'Celebrate' Wooden Element for 'Thanks'
Such little effort for big happy result!



'MASKING TECHNIQUE EXPLAINED'
 I've used this technique on both cards.

I got the flower stamps (at the top of both cards) overlapping without ink lines going over all flower images using the 'Masking Technique'.

My Style Info - Masking Technique How To

  • Stamp image on card stock.
  • Stamp it again on a piece of scratch paper, I used a Post-It note.
  • Cut carefully around the scratch paper image; this will be your mask.
  • Place the mask on top of the card stock image.
  • Stamp another image over a portion of the mask to create layered, interacting images.
  • Remove the mask to see the finished look.  

Quick Tip:  To ensure that the mask stays in place, stamp image on a Post-It note.





FYI - Did you know that you can now get Whisper White Card Stock in a thicker size? It's great for card bases and the regular size is still perfect for stamping and matting. Ive used both here.



DO YOU HAVE OUR LATEST 2015-2016 CATALOGUE YET? What, No!  Contact me for your Copy TODAY!
Here's the  On-Line Version  whilst you're waiting for the hard copy, which you'll want! It's a great read with a cuppa, or two, or three!

 
If you've enjoyed today's cards and my new Segment 'Technique Booster', I'd love to hear from you! Just leave your comment at the bottom of this post.

Thanks for stopping by, and see you again soon. Happy Creating! Angeliki xx


Stampin' Up! Products I used on Today's Card
Stamp Set - Garden In Bloom
Card Stock - Whisper White Thick & Regular
Ink Pads - Calypso Coral, Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzelberry.
Accessories -  Expressions Natural Elements, Metallics Sequin Assortment, Pink Pirouette Seam Binding, Rich Razzleberry Cotton Ribbon.
Adhesives - Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals (3D Foam Mount)





No comments:

Post a Comment