18 Feb 2016

Birthday Blooms

I love water colouring with my Aqua Painter and Birthday Blooms stamp set has the most beautiful flower image that suits it perfectly.

And I think this paper, Birthday Bouquet, is one of the most beautiful papers I've ever owned.


My Style Info
  • I distressed all edges with my fingernail, and sponge daubed them in Crumb Cake.
  • I heat embossed the Flower Image onto Watercolour Paper, then die cut with Tags & Labels Dies.
  • Sentiments are stamped in Mint Macaron on Very Vanilla Cstk & cut with Tags & Labels dies too.
  •  I love the Botanical Gardens Jewels, they really brought the flower image alive.

Hot Tip
  • Heat Embossing images are much easier to colour as the embossing keeps colour in it's own designated area, whether it be on Water Colour Paper like on my card here, or onto card stock and use markers to colour in.  


How To WaterColour the Flower Image
  • With the Stamp Pad closed, press in the centre front and back, open the stamp pad and you will have ink on the lid.
  • Squeeze your Aqua Painter until drips come onto the brush, and then swirl brush over ink to make a watery wash. 
  • Apply a watery light colour first to the petals and let it dry a little. 
  • Go back with darker, less watery colour, at the bottom of the petals to get the darker shading.

I used Mossy Meadow for the Leaves.





 Here are my Stampin Up! Designer Products of the Day

  • Stamp Set: Birthday Blooms
  • Papers: Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper
  • Card Stock: Mint Macaron, Blushing Bride, Watercolour Paper, Very Vanilla.
  • Ink Pads: Mossy Meadow, Real Red, Mint Macaron, Crumb Cake, VersaMark.
  • Accessories: Botanical Gardens Jewels, Blushing Bride Cotton Ribbon.
  • Tools: Big Shot, Tags & Labels Dies, Heat Gun, Sponge Daubers.
  •  Adhesives: Multi Purpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots.


I hope you've enjoyed today's card.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Creating, Angeliki :)



No comments:

Post a Comment