22 Feb 2016

Stained Glass Technique

A while back I said I'd fallen in love with Birthday Blooms Stamp Set, and I wasn't lying! I just loooove this set! What more can I say ...........




Stained Glass Technique

  • Ink the flower image with VersaMark and stamp onto Vellum Card Stock then heat emboss with Gold Emboss Powder. 
  • Turn your image over to the wrong side and colour the flower in Watermelon Wonder.
  • Go back and colour the bottom of the petals in Watermelon Wonder to give the darker shading. 
  •  Colour the leaves with Mossy Meadow.

Yes, that's all you have to do! You get a whole lot of lovely for little effort. And it's another good use for your markers!



My Style Info

  • Make sure you use Vellum Card Stock (item no. 106584) for heat embossing. The 'normal' Vellum (thinner product) doesn't hold up as well.
  • I'm loving the new Glimmer Paper in Blushing Bride. So pretty!!
  • The Botanical Garden Jewel acts as an anchor point for the sentiment.
Stampin' Up! Products used in today's card:
  • I've used Washi Tape to adhere the Flower onto the card. It's a great alternative to other adhesives that would show through the Vellum, which you can see a glue dot on the top right corner! That's when I switched to Washi Tape!
 




 Here are my Stampin Up! Designer Products of the Day
  • Stamp Set: Birthday Blooms
  • Papers: Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper
  • Card Stock: Thick Whisper White, Blushing Bride Glimmer, Thick Vellum.
  • Ink Pads/Markers: Watermelon Wonder, Mossy Meadow, VersaMark, Mint Macaron.
  • Accessories: Botanical Gardens Jewels, Everyday Chic Washi Tape, Gold Emboss Pwdr.
  • Tools: Heat Gun.
  •  Adhesives: Multi Purpose Liquid Glue, Glue Dots.


I hope you've enjoyed today's Card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Creating,
Angeliki :)


No comments:

Post a Comment