24 Jul 2016

Floral Phrases - Curtian & Drapery Fold Cards

I have been having the worst computer problems and it's a new computer! So my apologies for not having these cards up sooner as I said I would but the computer says 'No!'

Here are the 3 Cards we made in my last Card Making Class. I love this Technique - 'Curtain Folds' 

This first card is a Double Curtain Fold. This is my favourite.

This next one is a Single Curtain Fold.


This last one is a Single Curtain Fold too, but I made it smaller so it would only cover half of the card.

Instructions for the above Single Curtain Fold Card.
  • Curtain Fold Paper Piece is 10" x 3"
  • Put the 10" edge into the Simply Scored Scoring Tool so as it runs across the top of the board. (You can use the scorer on your trimmer but I did find it much easier on the Simply Scored Tool).
  • Score at 2", 3", 5", 6", 8" & 9"
  • Measure down 1" from the top right hand corner and make a mark.

  • With a ruler, draw a line from the mark to the bottom left hand corner.
  • Cut on the line you just made.
  • Starting from the left hand side, fold each score line with a bone folder for crisp folds. First fold is a Valley, then Mountain and continue in this pattern.
  • Run tape along the top edge on the wrong side to hold the folds in place. This may curl, don't worry, it adhere's straight!
  • Adhere this onto the bottom of the stamped white piece of card stock.
  • Adhere Sugar Plum Ruched Ribbon on the top and fold ends to the back.
  • Attached the small Floral Die white piece to the bottom of the card with small dots of Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
  • Attach the stamped and curtain piece to the card. 


We made these 3 cards in my last Card Making Class.
I run regular Card Making Classes and all ability levels are welcome. 

Fun & nurturing environment to learn in and I am there to help you all the way through. 
If you'd like to learn to make cards like these, please contact me, I'd love to hear from you! www.angelikikolo.stampinup.net


Supplies for Today's Cards
  • Stamp Set: Floral Phrases, Birthday Blossoms.
  • Card Stock: Sweet Sugarplum, Whisper White, Dapper Denim.
  • Ink: Sweet Sugarplum, Dapper Denim, Mint Macaron. 
  • Papers: Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Paper.
  • Accessories: Sweet Sugarplum & Dapper Denim Ruched Ribbon, Metal Rimmed Pearls.
  • Tools: Big Shot, Detailed Floral Thinlets, Oval Framelits, Simply Scored Scoring Tool.
 You can see more of my designs on Pinterest, Instagram & Facebook.
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Facebook 
Stampin' Up! 24/7
 
Thanks for stopping by. See you again soon.

Happy Creating
Angeliki :)


No comments:

Post a Comment